So, you have a fantastic product or service, and you’re ready to unleash it to the masses. That’s great news! If only selling a product online were just about the quality of the product. A successful eCommerce website needs to work on many levels, having a good selection of pictures and a checkout function isn’t enough. You have to think about the experience you’re giving your customers. Selling online is a competitive space with essential ‘must haves’ in order to help pave the road to success. With the ever-growing amount of buyers shopping online, there has never been a better time to have a good looking, powerful e-commerce site to help sell your company’s products.
At Webster Internet, we create e-commerce websites using a variety of platforms suited to your business needs, aims and goals.
Whatever you sell, whether it be electrical goods, craft goods, concert tickets, services or downloadable products, Webster Internet has the know-how to build you the e-commerce site that will have your buyers intrigued and returning for more.Create a good Experience for Mobile Shoppers.
Create a good Experience for Mobile Shoppers
- ensure your checkout cart functions easily on mobile with easy to use navigation
- your mobile version needs to be simple with clear links and call to action buttons
- page navigation, ‘check out’ and ‘next’ buttons have enough space to be easily tapped
Don’t lose potential buyers at the checkout
- have a big clear ‘checkout’ button
- don’t present unexpected costs at checkout
- make editing the cart contents easy and be clear on shipping costs
- show images of the products in the cart
- keep your checkout simple and clutter-free
- make contacting support easy
Make life easy for your customers
- give customers the option to checkout as a guest rather than register an account. A drawn-out checkout option could mean they go elsewhere
Don’t put buyers off with bad photography
- ensure your images are high quality
- enable people to see the product in context so they can relate to the experience of using it
- include a gallery of images to show all available features
- let customers see a larger version of the photograph
Be clear on the Returns Policy
- make your policy easy to find
- use jargon free, clear language
- be explicit and clear about costs involved
Detailed Product Descriptions are Vital
- Be clear on colour, size, texture, dimensions, weight etc
- State any warranties that apply
Make your online ‘shop front’ an intuitive experience
- make it easy for your customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Correct categorisation is paramount
- Have the most important pages in the main navigation
If you’re a company that sells products or services online, we can help you with our high-quality e-commerce website design services. Our e-commerce websites and solutions are built to expand your company’s reach by allowing more customers to find your business. Once these customers find you, they will be presented with a devilishly dashing website that is beautifully simple to use.
We offer a range of e-commerce solutions which, like all of our websites, are custom designed and built with care and attention to detail. It doesn’t matter how many products your company offers, or how complex the variations in your services are, we have the knowledge and experience to be able to create an e-commerce store that will make your sales process simple for your customers, as well as your company.
We can integrate accountancy and fulfilment systems with online shops so that once sales are made, accounts are updated and products are shipped. Let us help you build the online business channel you’ve always dreamed of.
To discuss how we can help you set up the ideal e-commerce platform for you, please get in touch today.
Does your business need a new website?
Is your current website working hard enough for your company?
Is your website mobile friendly?
Are your e-mails flaky or your website often down?
Webster Internet can provide perfect solutions to all of these issues and more.
Get in Touch